ADPH: Widespread influenza continues | News
MONTGOMERY, AL- Alabama's activity for influenza-like illness continues to be widespread and above Alabama's baseline, according to a report from the Alabama Department of Public Health.
The total number of specimens received at the state Bureau of Clinical Laboratories for week 3 of 2013 (January 13-19) is down compared to week 2 (January 6-12).
Of the total 29 specimens received, 52% were positive for influenza: five were positive for Influenza B and 10 were positive for Influenza A, H3.
Please see the link below for the most up-to-date information regarding influenza activity in Alabama. The website is updated weekly on Wednesday.
From this information ADPH says the number of specimens being submitted from week 2 to week 3 has decreased from 64 to 29 with 61% of the 64 submitted positive for influenza, with only 52% of the 29 submitted for week 3 being positive for influenza.
The majority of specimens submitted continue to be for Influenza A, H3.
INFORMATION SOURCE: Alabama Department of Public Health
Top Millbrook Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Legislature passes bill providing additional protection to the elderly
- Montgomery County Sheriff's Office to hold Firearms Familiarization Course
- The Gathering of Eagles Welcome the Class of 2013 at Riverwalk Stadium
- Chick-fil-A Founder Selects Montgomery Team Member to Receive Chain’s Top Scholarship May 22
- Garrett Elementary holds end of year Teacher Appreciation and Field Day
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation