Residents express concern about proposed road project | News
ELMORE COUNTY, AL (WSFA)- Elmore County and the Alabama Department of Transportation are conducting of the proposed West Millbrook Corridor Project. If it moves forward, a connector road would be built between Deatsville Highway and Highway 14, with Myrick Road as the northern boundary of the study zone.
Engineers are studying four possibilities:
Alternative A – Improve Payson Road and a portion of Gunnells Road; connect to SR-14 at Dismukes Road (2-lane roadway with center turn lane).
Alternative B – Construct a new road connecting CR-7 at Ross Road to SR-14 at Dismukes Road (2-lane roadway with center turn lane).
Alternative C – Make improvements to a portion of Ross Road; connect Ross Road to Old Prattville Road and then connect to SR-14 at Dismukes Road (2-lane roadway with center turn lane).
Alternative D – Make improvements to a portion of Ross Road; connect Ross Road to County Line Road; improve County Line Road and Camp Grandview Road to SR-14 (2-lane roadway with center turn lane north of Old Prattville Road; 4-lane roadway with center turn lane south of Old Prattville Road).
Residents who live within the study area are concerned about the possible impact the construction could have.
"We live in the area where we live because it's very quiet," said Mike Griggs, who attended an informal meeting with ALDOT and the Elmore County Engineer. "And that's one of the things we're concerned about, is it going to change the overall well-being of our life and where we live."
Officials assured residents that the corridor project is still in the study phase, and hasn't even been funded yet.
Concerned citizens have until Friday October 18th to give their input on the environment document of the proposal and also identify potential alternatives. More information on the project and how to provide input can be found here.
Top Millbrook Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- SUV overturns on Union Street
- Legislature passes bill providing additional protection to the elderly
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- Autauga County search linked to Prattville police chase
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!