AASB announces second annual video contest for public high school students | Events
The Alabama Association of School Boards Board of Directors announces its second annual statewide “How We Achieve Excellence in Our School” video contest for public high schools. The contest applauds excellence in teaching, the creativity of Alabama’s public high school students and the positive school experiences that inspire students to graduate. Three lucky schools will win prizes for their 30- to 60-second commercials/public service announcements. The top three videos will be shown Dec. 7 at AASB’s annual convention at The Wynfrey Hotel in Birmingham and at the June 11 Alabama State Board of Education meeting in Montgomery. They will also be on Alabama Public Television’s website, www.aptv.org and AASB’s website, www.AlabamaSchoolBoards.org.
- First Prize: $1,500 & Bloggie Touch video camera
- Second Prize: $1,000 & Bloggie Touch video camera
- Third Prize: $500 & Bloggie Touch video camera
Timeline: The contest begins Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2013. Entries must be postmarked by Wednesday April 17, 2013, and submitted to the Alabama Association of School Boards. The AASB office – at 4240 Lomac St. in Montgomery, AL 36106 – is open from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Entries may be mailed to:
AASB Video Contest
P.O. Drawer 230488
Montgomery, AL 36123-0488
Length & format: School systems should submit no more than two student-produced entries, saved in DVD format. High quality video preferred (720p to 1080p). No shorter than 30 seconds and no longer than 60 seconds. Submission and release forms must accompany each entry.
Evaluation criteria (as judged by Alabama Public Television and other media professionals):
- Creativity & originality
- Production quality & technical skill (sound, video, transitions, etc.)
- Effectiveness in portraying the theme
Sponsors: Alabama Association of School Boards, Fairbanks LLC and Alabama Public Television (American Graduate grant funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting)
Public recognition: The top three videos will be shown Dec. 7 at AASB’s annual convention at The Wynfrey Hotel in Birmingham, where the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will be recognized and awarded their prizes, and at the June 11 Alabama State Board of Education meeting in Montgomery. They will also be on Alabama Public Television’s website, www.aptv.org and AASB’s website, www.AlabamaSchoolBoards.org.
Source: Alabama Association of School Boards
Upcoming Events near Millbrook
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmore Co. authorities trying to identify victim in cold case
- Hundreds raised for Wetumpka good Samaritan who returned $650
- Wetumpka man killed in crash with Elmore Co. school bus
- Central Alabama Master Gardeners Association's 'lunch & learn' session coming up
- Collier, Holmes headed for runoff for AL House District 31