AWF Fishing Rodeo set for August 4th | Events
The Alabama Wildlife Federation (AWF) is hosting its 10th annual Youth Fishing Rodeo from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on August 4, 2012 at Lanark in Millbrook. The rodeo is open to anyone age 15 and under. Admission is free, however, participants must pre-register as space is limited and all youth must be accompanied by an adult.
Each young angler will receive a t-shirt and will be eligible for door prizes. Snacks and drinks will also be available. In addition, each child may take home five catfish, but may catch and release all they would like. Participants are encouraged to bring their own fishing equipment and bait, though a very limited number of loaner rods and reels will be available on site.
With only a limited number of spots open, it's important to call AWF at 334-285-4550 today and register!
This event is sponsored by: Capital City Kiwanis Club, Millbrook & Montgomery Ann Street Wal-Mart Supercenters, Sam’s Club of Montgomery, Allen & Pat Foster, Millbrook-Coosada Kiwanis Club, Marshall-Design Build, LLC, Central Alabama Electric Cooperative, Reddy Ice, Alabama Dumpster and Courtesy E-Z Go.
Source: Alabama Nature Center
Top Millbrook Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery to Host Alabama League of Municipalities Convention May 18 – 21
- McCarter Ave. death investigation upgraded to city's 23rd homicide of 2013
- ASU Senior Makes History - First Student to Complete Correctional Dept. Program
- Murphy USA to hold Domestic Violence Awareness event
- Montgomery Court Referral Program to hold job fair